Project Outline: Though Horus Music I was asked to promote the debut EP by angelicaa during a 6-week promotional effort.
Date: October 2016 – November 2016.
Work completed: angelicaa and her label Brilliant Tunes were looking to raise the profile of her debut release and would use the creativity from her University course, including her video creation work, to help market her video.
A pink-clad, queer-minded, rock-chick! angelicaa cites her native city of London and its progressive, liberal and creative environment as vital to her identity.
First and foremost a singer/songwriter and guitarist, 90’s baby angelicaa combines her rock roots, like Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin, Cat Power and PJ Harvey, with her influences in the rise of electronic music.
Grungey and soulful, her debut EP ‘& So…’ captures teenage angst and growing up feeling different. angelicaa finds beauty in that struggle and creates something that is moody, sentimental, and ultimately, uplifting.
Her look is also key to her ethos; reclaiming pink as a symbol for androgyny, empowering herself as a woman and challenging expectations of gender.
A filmmaker, too, angelicaa is a Fine Art graduate from Central Saint Martins, specialising in documentary; her latest creation is a film titled ‘Full Circle’which features young artists with alter egos.
angelicaa also performs as a DJ as one half of duo Jew², playing London queer venues such as Dalston Superstore and Vogue Fabrics.
‘& So…’ features 3 tracks and is set for release on 11th November 2016 on the Brilliant Tunes label through all download and streaming platforms – the EP is also available to pre-order now http://smarturl.it/3dv2ix.
Notes for Editor
- PressParty – http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/HorusMusic/view/159636/
- Exposed Vocals – https://exposedvocals.com/features/exposed-vocals-just-caught-interview-angelicaa/
- Music Crowns – http://www.musiccrowns.org/rock-music-crown/angelicaa-queer-minded-rock-chick/
- YVYNYL – http://yvynyl.com/post/152137470047/angelicaa-nail-polish
- Caesar Live N Loud: http://www.caesarlivenloud.com/2016/10/angelicaa-unveils-new-single-nail-polish.html
- Pump It Up Magazine – http://www.pumpitupmagazine.com/a-pink-clad-queer-minded-rock-chick-meet-angelicaa/
- Letters to YVYNYL –http://yvynyl.com/post/154080870827/letters-to-yvynyl-angelicaa-nail-polish